How do you like my title? I couldn't really think of anything catchy so I went with the ol' alliteration..heehee.
I don't know if we really grooved in Greenville (tho EG & I certainly did on the way down) but it was really, really fun (and I'd say successful).
Friday and Saturday were set aside for Church-in-a-day in the big Green. About 250 people came out to build a church for the Freemans.
The fun all started on Friday (for me anyway). Jessica, Katie, and I left B'ham around 2..heading south. We had a stow away....Elizabeth Grace. Her family went to Greenville a little earlier than us so she stayed behind to party with the girls. =) We simply had to stop at the Peach Park and get ice cream. Jess and I have to do that any time we head south on I-65. So we ate and took some time to swing in the play area. I think EG will be ready to ride with us every time now. Why ride with your boring ol' family when you could chill with the girls who stop for swings and ice cream and jam the whole way down? heehee
We arrived at the site in just enough time to serve dinner (our main job for the weekend). It was super awesome to see so many different people from all different walks of life coming together to accomplish a common goal. I didn't hear a single squabble the whole weekend. That's saying something with just all of the personal differences; add pressure to the mix and it's amazing. =)
Everyone pulled together and really worked hard (well, most of them anyway). =) The ultimate goal was to have church in the completed building on Sunday. We didn't quite make that goal - it rained last week...for the first time in forever. We were a just little shy of being completely finished. However, it was still done enough to have service on sunday. The building looks awesome! I know God has great plans for that church and the Freemans.
Here are a bunch of pictures from the weekend. Oh yeah, I included a picture of the hole that I managed to find Friday night. I conveniently found it 2 seconds after I finished warning everyone to look out for holes. =) This sucker went all the way to my knee. I found it again the next day and took this picture. I was too afraid of what might be inside to stick my whole leg back in. =)
Once you click on the slide show, you can then roll your mouse over the pictures to see comments.


3 comments:
We love you Freeman's!! I'm so excited for them!
That was soo fun! Thanks so much for letting EG ride with you,,she is doing school right now, but after that she is going to check out your blog and comment.
That hole was HUGE!!! I am surprised you are still alive!
Wasn't that a fun trip!! What a blessing for the Freemans! Yes!@! That hole was huge!! When I saw you step in it...it appeard to go to your knee!!
lv u,
Kim
Post a Comment