Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Photo Update

A lot has happened since I last blogged (I've got to get better at blogging regularly). Whew! To give you an idea of my life over the past few weeks...

The dry season in Guatemala means that water is scarce. This is our house's water supply...notice the emptiness.
We had a day without water....not fun but thankfully it was just a day.

I helped Sis. Lynne balance the organization's books. Guatemala still uses hard-bound books....not Quickbooks.
Good thing I had those accounting classes oh so long ago.
Side note: we balanced ALL of the books in 2 days. Unheard of! We rock!

Homework help/test prep...there's been lots of studying going on at our house. Even Mo was in on it.

I was introduced to this cake....it's life changing. Coffee poured over layers of both chocolate and vanilla cake...and topped with whipped cream. DELICIOUS!

We had an awesome team from TN come for a visit. These guys were hard workers and so much fun to be around!


A visit to some of the ruins in Antigua...gorgeous!

My newest fundraiser for HOME. Our own coffee bags!

I had to make a trip to the embassy in order to get additional pages added to my passport. First time in an embassy....quite the experience!

Mojo did his best to defeather a bird that dared to enter our house.  Note: 3 birds got in in 2 days...only one didn't make it out alive. =(

23 bags of coffee for Dustin and Britney's wedding favors.... my room/suitcase/clothes smelled like a coffee shop.

The orphanage has an arch! The main entrance is looking awesome!

I was packing for my trip home and walked in my room to find this. I think Mojo wanted to tag along.

Made it Asheville...and it snowed! This was one day before the wedding. Brrrrr!

Rehearsal dinner!
The cutest, sweetest, smartest little boy ever!


My cousin, Dakota, has grown up...he's taller than me! How did this happen?
Absolutely gorgeous wedding...even more gorgeous bride. So glad Britney is a part of our family!!! =)

On our trip home from Asheville, we stopped by the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Eli was in heaven!
I got to spend lots of quality time with this awesome girl!
(And lots of other friends...but unfortunately, I didn't get pictures) =(

New HOME t-shirts...aren't they awesome? 50 of them will sure fill a suitcase...whew.

Back in Guatemala - I missed this little guy!
Love my co-workers...and vistors! Surprise stay from the Abernathy's. Sis. Linda had an unfortunate fall that resulted in a broken ankle. Although it wasn't ideal circumstances, I really enjoyed having them stay! Mojo LOVED it! =) 
The orphanage is getting razor wire...woohooo!!

Poor Nancy. She's the only dog left at the property...and she's pretty sad about it. =(

Chico turned 10. Happy Birthday, Chico! =)

 There you have it. A glimpse in the life of Amber. =) More updates coming soon....I'm going to do my best!

No comments: