I realized that I'm really, really, really behind on keeping this blog up to date. Sis. Lynne has been out of town for the past few weeks so I've been busy holding down the fort here. There's been quite a bit to juggle so I haven't had much time to blog. I thought I'd go through my phone and upload lots of photos. This will give you guys a picture (or two or 10) of my life over the past few weeks.
I've been perfecting my tortilla making skills! Paula and I helped the ladies at the Bible school make enough tortillas to feed ministers that were there for a luncheon. We are pros now!
Muñeca, one of the dogs at the property, had her puppies! There are only 2 that lived but aren't they cute?
Progress at the orphanage...look at those walls!
The annual calendar meeting for the national work was at the beginning of the month. I was the designated note taker..with my computer hooked to the big screen! Just a little big of pressure for this gringa. Anyway, the meeting started at 6 A.M. so we got a nice view of the sun rising over the city. This is the view from the 4th floor of the Bible School.
I learned how to make caramels! Caramels like we have in the states aren't available here so this little recipe will come in handy for a lot of desserts. So yummy! I've also introduced the girls to fudge and chicken and dumplings. =)
We painted the kitchen! It was the girls' first time to paint and they loved it! Painted like pros! Unfortunately, I don't know what I was thinking when I chose the color but I hate it. Looks like the girls will have a chance to practice their paint skills again in the near future.
Since Sis. L is out of town, Paula and I have been sitting in her classes at the Bible School. One class, Christian Education, had to do group presentations. They chose a story and an age range and prepared a Sunday School lesson. It was hilarious! This group chose Noah and the Ark. Love the masks!
We were stuck in traffic one day and saw this lady selling baby ducks. Yes, they were alive. She had their feet tied together...apparently they come in pairs. Not sure why anyone would want a pair of baby ducks (pretty sure they are for pets) but the car in front of us worked themselves a deal. You never know what you will see in traffic here!
No comments:
Post a Comment